Spontaneously combusting stain rags were cited as the cause of a fire that destroyed three homes, two pickup trucks, a motorhome and two storage trailers in a Saskatoon, Canada neighborhood July 24, according to CTV News.
The damage from the flames was estimated to be more than $2 million.
The rags were placed in an open container in an attached garage of a house that was nearing the final stages of construction in Montgomery Place.
The Saskatoon Fire Department was called to the scene at 12:15 p.m. and found two houses up in flames; the fire spread to a third house before it was extinguished, Global News reported. No injuries were reported from the incident.